UGC Invites Nominations for UNESCO 2021 Edition of Girls and Women’s Education: Notification
22.03.2021 | Education News | EduLegaL | www.edulegal.org | email@example.com
22nd March 2021, the University Grants Commission (UGC) issued a public notice inviting nominations for the UNESCO 2021 Edition of Girls and Women’s Education. The deadline to send in these nominations is May 1, 2021, and can be sent in to the UGC via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program of UNESCO is funded by the Government of China. It has two awards distributed as USD 50,000 for each of the two winning recipients.
The prize of the program looks to encourage and contribute mainly towards two Sustainable Development Goals –
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
The member-states are required to submit their nominations to UNESCO through their respective National Commissions. Nominations may also be sent individually by those NGOs which are in official partnership with UNESCO. Pertaining to this, the UGC has invited all Indian Universities to send in their respective nominations for the Prize.
Along with the nominations, the institutions are also required to send in a written recommendation, which must include,
- A brief description of the background and achievements of the candidate
- Relevant work/result summary and publications or important documents if any for consideration.
- Explanation as to how the nominated candidate’s contribution matches the objectives of the Prize.